Lymington Library


Gave a talk at Lymington Library yesterday. Lymington is a lovely little town based on the west side of the Solent and is a thriving yachting centre with cobbled winding streets leading down to a quaint quayside, a large marina overlooking the beautiful Isle of Wight and a tourist attraction. Reached through the stunning landscape of the New Forest there is a Wightlink ferry that runs across to Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight.


There wasn't a big crowd awaiting me but the people who came, as always were lovely, very interested in what I had to say and kind enough to buy some of my books. Thanks to Ann and Pauline for organizing the event and for the tea and cakes. And talking of tea, the day had the added bonus of bumping into some yachting friends of ours who happened to have sailed into Lymington on Monday and were staying in the marina for a couple of days. We had a cup of tea on board their boat before I went to give my talk. Very civilized. A great day out. And lots more ideas for my marine mysteries. I think Andy Horton might very well pay Lymington Marina a visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.