Havant Literary Festival Is Buzzing

The first Havant Literary Festival seems to be going very well and there was certainly a buzz in the town this morning and at the Havant Arts Centre when I turned up to give my talk. I wasn’t sure how many people to expect. It could be one man and his dog.

However, as it turned out, there was a smallish but highly interested group of people. (More than are shown in this picture - honest). It was great to meet a few fans of my novels and also to introduce my work to new readers.

Councillor Jackie Branson was present and bought a copy of Tide of Death which I told her to wave around at the Tory Party conference she is off to this weekend. I’d be happy to sign a copy for David Cameron or any other politician irrespective of their political colour – I’m not prejudiced.

I spoke about how I write and took along my pencilled plotting and spider grams to show the audience how I develop characters. These characters each have an index tag and are all neatly tied with a treasury tag. They stay on my desk along with my plot notes and outlines until a novel is finished when the whole lot moves to another table behind me and only gets filed away once a book is published. It was also good to have a pathologist in the audience who gave me a couple of ideas for future DI Horton novels. I’m only sorry I didn’t take his contact details as he could be a valuable source of information – so if you’re reading this, please get in touch. I’d love to hear from you.

My next talk is on Thursday 2 October. I am the keynote speaker at a Women Into Business Conference and I know there are ninety women registered to attend this - so a sizeable audience. Here I will talk about my former career in Marketing and how I made the switch from that to being a professional writer. And of course how I apply my marketing skills to my business of being an author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.