Curl up with a Marine Mystery this Christmas


Random House US is launching a major advertising campaign in the USA on 23 November, with Dan Brown and other notables from the world of fiction, showing consumers that books make an ideal Christmas present. And I thought well what's good enough for Dan Brown is good enough for me. So, in my own little way I thought I'd beat the drum for the UK.

According to a survey in the UK by Deloitte, (one of my former employers by the way) books are desired by 65% of consumers and will be bought as gifts by 63% of people. With retail sales struggling books are still deemed to be good value gifts. So, if you fancy curling up with a Marine Mystery then please go ahead. At £6.99 retail price you could probably pick up a copy for a fiver on line. Unless you pitch for Deadly Waters, or The Suffocating Sea, my two latest marine mysteries featuring my rugged detective Horton, and they are a little more expensive at the moment.

Books are always popular gifts at Christmas because they offer such good value. And over the holiday period more people can find the time to read even if they have a house full of guests and have to lock themselves in the loo to do so to escape the kids and in-laws. I thought if Dan Brown can advertise books in the US then why can’t I in the UK! Oh, and if anyone living near Hayling Island would like a signed copy as a special gift for Christmas, then drop into The Hayling Island Bookshop and ask them and I'll happily pop down and sign a few copies.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.