Mini tour of the North

Next week I'm off to the North of England on a mini tour with speaking engagements lined up. I'm looking forward to it. I shall be at the brand-spanking-new, state-of-the-art Newcastle City Library on Tuesday 29 September at 2pm, followed by a visit to North Tyneside Central Library in the evening at 7pm. Then the next day it's off to North Yorkshire where I am talking at a lunch event at The Richmond Walking and Book Festival on 30 September 2009 at 11am at the Richmond Cricket Club - howzat!


I'll be answering questions about my novels and signing books. I hope to meet lots of people on my travels including perhaps my partners in crime at the book festival, Peter Robinson, Ruth Rendell and Ian Rankin, and maybe do some research for a new thriller which is rumbling around in the back of my mind. But first I've got to finish revising Blood On The Sand, which will be the new Inspector Andy Horton Marine Mystery crime novel to be published in February 2010. I also need to complete the one I am currently writing, which will follow that. Not sure of a title for it yet but it's another Horton marine mystery.

The Richmond Walking and Book Festival, now in its third year, runs from 25 September to 4 October and includes music, films, slideshows, literary lunches, historical strolls and theatre. A full programme can be found on the web site http://www.booksandboots.org/index.html

Tickets for my lunch event cost £12.50 and include the talk, lunch and coffee. For full details and a booking visit http://www.booksandboots.org/walkingbookfest09.pdf

For FREE tickets for Newcastle City Library on 29 September at 2pm contact Newcastle City Library on 0191 277 4100 and for North Tyneside Library on 29 September at 7pm contact 0191 200 6968.

Hope to meet some of you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.