Thrilled and scared - the new Inspector Andy Horton Mystery

I've just received the author copies of my new Inspector Horton crime novel, Blood on the Sand, and I must say it looks great. It is the fifth in the series and in hardcover due officially to be published in the UK on 26 February 2010. American readers have to wait a little longer, until April or May, I believe.  It is always a thrilling (and scary) moment when you receive the first printed copies of your novel.  Thrilling because it is at last a tangible thing after months (and years if you count the time it takes to get published in the first place) of hard work. Scary because it is there now in black and white for anyone to read, review, enjoy, hate, love, scorn, enthuse whatever.... And when I turn to that first page I'm always thinking, could I have changed that? Could I have written it better?  Too late. But the novel looks good and thanks to Severn House, my publishers.  Hope my readers enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.