I’m excited at being invited on Desert Island Discs – Express Style

I’m really excited at being invited to do a radio interview today with Rob Richardson of Express FM who has asked me to choose the music I would like played during the hour long programme as in desert island disc style. I drew up a long list and have had to whittle it down to seven of my favourites, suitable for radio. I say suitable because some of the music I like is opera and jazz and too long for the programme. So I’ve gone for a mixture of my other favourite type of music, country and western, with a bit of Matt Munro and a touch of Abba tossed in. The programme is being recorded and will be broadcast next Tuesday 8 June. I'm not sure of the time but I'll post it here when I know it.

I’ve been on Rob’s programme before and really enjoyed talking to him. He is also very active on the writing front, and not only writes himself but also runs a very lively writing group WriteInvite.

WriteInvite is an initiative to invite absolutely anyone to write. Writers of all ages, experiences and styles get involved in writing events and short story writing competitions. The Live Short Story Evenings are held on the first Monday of every month, meeting in the conservatory of Rosie’s Wine Bar in Elm Grove, Southsea Hampshire PO5 1JF, where incidentally one of the greatest detective writers once lived – not in Rosie’s wine bar – but in Elm Grove, Southsea. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle set up practice in rented lodgings at 1 Bush Villas in Elm Grove in Southsea. Portsmouth City Museum has a special permanent exhibition on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle which was donated to the museum by one of the world's leading experts on Doyle, Richard Lancelyn Green. It's a must for all Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes fans.

Anyway I digress. I’ll be talking to Rob Richardson about how I write and my crime novels.

Then this afternoon I’ll be at the Southsea Women’s Institute branch talking about my marine mystery crime novels. I hope to be able to post some photographs here after the event.

A busy day and one I am very much looking forward to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.