A little bit of Turkish Delight as the turkish edition of my crime thriller novel In Cold Daylight arrives in the post

A nice little parcel was delivered by my friendly post lady on Saturday and I opened it surprised to see it was the Turkish edition of my crime thriller novel, In Cold Daylight.  I knew it was being published in Turkey but didn't know when.

I always get a buzz when I see one of my books translated into another language. This one looks good. The cover is well designed and of good quality and so too is the paper. I've no idea whether the Turkish publisher has changed the title of the book, perhaps someone who speaks Turkish might tell me. But I will e mail my agent in Turkey and ask her.

In Cold Daylight is published by Babıali Kültür Yayıncılığı and looking them up on Wikipedia, as one does, here is what they have to say about the company.

 "Babıali Kültür Yayıncılığı  was founded in Istanbul in November 1999 and it started to publish books in 2000. It has extended its sphere of activities and brought important books into the Turkish market. Today it is one of the leading publishing companies in Turkey with popular authors and important books."

Well that's certainly nice to know.  And it looks as though I am in good company along with fellow thriller writer, Harlan Coben. I haven't made it on to the Wikipedia list yet but if anyone would like to add my name to it please feel free.

So, taking a look at the publisher's web site Babıali Kültür Yayıncılığı  I found my novel and then punched in my name in their search field and there I am - photo and all.  

I hope people in Turkey enjoy reading Gün Işığının Ayazında . And just for good measure I've put the blurb on In Cold Daylight , which was shortlisted for the World Book Day Prize in 2008, below - in English.

Fire fighter Jack Bartholomew dies whilst trying to put out a fire in a derelict building. Was it an accident or arson? Marine Artist Adam Greene doesn't know, only that he has lost his closest friend. He attends the funeral ready to mourn when another funeral intrudes upon his thoughts, and one he has tried very hard to forget for the last fifteen years. But before he has time to digest this, or discover the identity of the stranger stalking him, Jack's house is ransacked.

Unaware of the risks he is running Adam soon finds himself caught up in a mysterious and dangerous web of deceit. By exposing a secret that has lain dormant for years Adam is forced to face his own dark secrets, and as the facts reveal themselves the prospects for his survival look bleak. But Adam knows there is no turning back; he has to get to the truth no matter what the cost, even if it means his life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.