The London Book Fair opens its doors, I'm here to meet, mingle and have fun

It's that time of year again and the publishing and book selling world has descended on London for the 40th London Book Fair  at Earls Court. I've lost count of how many Book Fairs I've attended now, but it certainly isn't forty, I think it might be eleven.  Then there is the the gigantic Frankfurt Book Fair, which takes place in Germany in October every year. But I always enjoy going up to the London Book Fair, not only because it is on home ground but it also provides the opportunity to catch up with the people I know in the publishing world and make new contacts. I'm meeting my overseas agents from France, Spain and Italy and my publisher. I'll be posting some photographs from the London Book Fair here shortly. The photograph below was taken at the 2010 London Book Fair, which was a bit of a non event because of the volcanic ash debacle.



As an author it is always worthwhile attending the London Book Fair just to visit the publishers stands, and attend some of the very useful seminars on offer. One of the major themes running through the fair this year is digital publishing, a very hot topic, but there are also seminars on self publishing, graphic novels, selling TV rights, historical fiction and more.  I haven't booked to attend any seminars this time; I'm here to mingle, meet and soak up the atmosphere. It's going to be fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.