Crime author Pauline Rowson supports libraries with events, Love Your Libraries Campaign and Love Libraries Day

News comes via The Bookseller that the Women's Institute, whom I've given many talks to about my DI Andy Horton marine mystery crime novels and thrillers, will mark the 96th anniversary of its first meeting on 16th September with an action to support its Love Your Libraries campaign.

The WI's membership are being asked to each borrow a book from their local library on the day "in recognition of the continued importance of the WI's early vision to widen educational opportunities".
It is the latest step in the institute's library campaign.

In August, it launched an e-petition in support of public libraries.

Anything that helps to keep our libraries alive and thriving is good news as far as I'm concerned, which is why I am also supporting and getting involved in Love Libraries Day - Saturday 4 February 2012, when I will be organising and appearing at an event at Portsmouth Library and possibly a few other libraries around the Solent area where my crime novels are set.

I'm also actively working with Portsmouth Libraries and supporting independent bookshop, The Hayling Island Bookshop, by being involved in the CSI Portsmouth on 4 November 2011 as part of Portsmouth Bookfest. 

I use my local library at Havant where I was this morning returning and borrowing books.  It gives me a great thrill when speaking to librarians and hearing that my crime novels are being loaned and are indeed popular with readers throughout the UK. I'm also very proud that  my novels are in USA libraries.


I view libraries as an essential community service and am pleased to support them in any way I can.  So on 16 September, and not only on that day, I'll be borrowing a delightful crime novel to read, and perhaps one or two books on knitting patterns and fashion.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.