I'm on target for completing the next DI Horton crime novel in January, fingers crossed and a fair wind permitting

For the last couple of days I've been working hard on the final chapters of the DI Andy Horton marine mystery crime novel number eight and I'm pleased to say that it's all coming together nicely.

In addition to my normal stint at the keyboard of anything between two to three hours a day, I spent just over five hours solidly writing on Wednesday and seven hours yesterday.  Today, and over the weekend I shall be hard at it again, (pausing only for a trip to the hairdresser and a brisk walk to clear the head and stretch the legs) making sure that the ending works well before going back through the novel for the fourth revision, which might be the final one, although experience shows me that I usually do five revisions, the final one checking all the phrases, sentences and words. Even given that I do a fifth revision, and barring any major mishaps, I'm delighted to say that I'm on target to meet my deadline of finishing this DI Horton either by January or during January sometime. Then all I'll need is a title!


The marine mystery police procedural crime series featuring DI Andy Horton, are set on the South Coast of England in the Portsmouth, Isle of Wight and Solent area.

A Killing Coast by Pauline Rowson, A DI Horton Crime NovelA Killing Coast
, the seventh in the DI Horton series is published in hardcover in the UK on 26 January 2012 and in the USA on 1 May 2012.

Pauline Rowson is also the author of two standalone thrillers, In Cold Daylight, which came third in an on line poll of the UK's most favourite books for World Book Day and In For The Kill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.