Writing routines - crime author Pauline Rowson discusses


I'm often asked about my writing routine.  Do I have one and if so what is it? How much time do I spend when writing?

Unless I am away from home on a speaking engagement, I write every day, usually for about three to four hours a day but this varies depending on the stage of the novel and whether I need to break off to conduct some research. Sometimes for days on end if the flow is going or I am nearing the end of the novel I can spend eight hours writing, not good for the back and if it wasn't for my husband feeding me I'd forget to eat!

I don’t have a set routine although having said that I usually write most evenings between 5pm until 7.30pm.


Every author is different and it takes a while to refine your methods and set your routine, some writers don't even have a routine. It also obviously depends on your commitments. I love writing and researching and hope to be able to continue doing so for many more novels to come. 

This week I'll not only be continuing to write the tenth in the DI Andy Horton series, set in the Solent area on the South Coast of England but I'm also checking proofs for DI Horton number nine, Undercurrent, which will be published in the UK in January 2013 and in the USA in May 2013.

All my crime novels are available in print and as ebooks, some are also available in Large Print and  as audio books.

 Writing routines - crime author Pauline Rowson discusses:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.