Photographs from two successful talks at Hartlepool and Whitley Bay Libraries

I was delighted to meet some DI Andy Horton fans at my recent talks at Hartlepool and Whitley Bay Libraries last week and to introduce my crime novels to some new readers who I hope will enjoy reading about the exploits of my fictional detective.

Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels at Throston Grange Library

Authors spend so much time working alone with only their characters for company that it is always good to get out and meet readers



Pauline Rowson reading from DI Horton novel, Undercurrent

 I met up with some stalwart fans of DI Andy Horton at Throston Grange Library in Hartlepool on Thursday 25 April and introduced the flawed and rugged DI to new readers.  This was my third visit to libraries in Hartlepool in the last four years and once again I enjoyed it tremendously. Many thanks to Denise Sparrowhawk who is an ace organiser and marketeer and to all the fantastic library staff for making this enjoyable not only for me but for everyone who has attended these events.


On Friday 26 April I met up with readers in the newly opened Whitley Bay Library.  In fact it was so new that the sign was only just being erected as I arrived. It's a fantastic library in the heart of the small town and I was privileged to be asked to speak there. Once again I met some true DI Horton fans and hopefully DI Horton will  charm his way into the hearts of  those who are new to him.

Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels to a group at Whitley Bay Library

Pauline Rowson signing copies of her books at Whitley Bay Library

My thanks  to the staff of North Tyneside Libraries for asking me to speak and for all the superb organisation.   Happy to return to both if you'll have me.

For details of all my forthcoming events please visit my official website.

Undercurrent, the ninth in the DI Andy Horton series is now published in the UK, Commonwealth and the USA and  an be purchased through any bookshop or online.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.