DI Andy Horton meets members of the Southbourne Literary Society during a lively evening's entertainment

It's always a great pleasure meeting readers and introducing my crime novels to new readers and I was delighted to be given the opportunity to speak to a lovely group of people on 18 September at the Southbourne Literary Society, near Bournemouth in Dorset.


Pauline Rowson talking about her DI Andy Horton crime novels to Southbourne Literary Society

The Southbourne Literary Society was founded in 1946 by William Edward Palser, a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. It meets on the third Wednesday of each month from September to April and has a very interesting programme of speakers.



My talk kicked off their 2013/2014 programme. I talked about the inspiration behind the DI Andy Horton novels and my thrillers, In Cold Daylight and In For The Kill and explained how from a basic idea I build up the plot and develop characters.  I discussed how long it takes me to write a novel, where I get my ideas from, and how I see the DI Andy Horton series developing along with my aim to create another new entertaining series of crime novels.

Pauline Rowson talking about how she writes her crime novels



The audience were very friendly, asked lots of questions and made me feel extremely welcome.  It was a pleasure to be asked to speak at their September meeting.

To see all my events for 2013 and 2014 visit the Events Page.

If you would like me to speak to your organisation, company or library please contact me.

Buy Pauline Rowson's Books on Amazon

Buy from your local bookshop

 

Buy Pauline Rowson books at your local bookshop


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.