South Wales Book Talks - Pauline Rowson will be discussing plots, characters and the inspiration behind the DI Andy Horton series in South Wales Libraries

On  the 2nd and 3rd of October I will be undertaking a whirlwind mini  book tour of libraries in South Wales to launch the latest in the DI Andy Horton series, Death Surge.

I'll be giving talks about the inspiration behind the DI Horton series, set in the Solent area on the South Coast of England at Abertridwr Library,Caerphilly; Pontarddulais Library, Swansea; Pyle Life Centre, Bridgend and Neath Library.  I'll talk about how I plot my crime novels and develop my characters including the rugged and flawed DI Andy Horton.

Death Surge, the tenth in the crime series was published in the UK and Commonwealth in September by Severn House Publishers  and  will be published in the USA on 1 January 2014.



I'm delighted to say that the DI Andy Horton series has  received glowing reviews both in the UK and the USA where they have been hailed as 'multilayered, twisted and complex,' and likened to the novels of Peter Robinson, John Harvey, Ed McBain and Colin Dexter.

It will be great to return to South Wales, home of my fathers!  My father's family were miners there and I spent many happy childhood holidays in my grandmother's house in Six Bells, Abertillery.

I will be at the following libraries in South Wales:

Wednesday 2 October at 2pm
Abertridwr Library

For tickets and further information telephone 029 20 830790 or e mail libabert@caerphilly.gov.uk

Wednesday 2 October at 7pm
Pontarddulais Library

For tickets and further information telephone 01792 882822 or e mail pontarddulais.library@swansea.gov.uk

Thursday 3 October at 2pm
Pyle Life Centre Bridgend

Tickets available from Bridgend Library 01656) 754800 or e mai blis@bridgend.gov.uk

Thursday 3 October at 6.30pm
Neath Library

For tickets and more information telephone (01639) 644604/635017 or email Neath.library@npt.gov.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.