A grand finale to my talks for 2013



A visit to the newly refurbished Sandhurst Library in Bracknell Forest on 4 December was the perfect way to finish a busy year of talks and public appearances in 2013. Not only were the audience lovely and packed with some die hard DI Andy Horton fans but after my talk about murder, crime and bodies there was a gorgeous English tea complete with cucumber sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, yummie Victoria sponge cake and tea served from teapots in real china cups with saucers - how civilised is that! 

Pauline Rowson talking to the audience at Sandhurst Library about her crime novels

I talked for about forty five minutes giving the audience the low down on how I plot my crime novels, how I create characters, where I get my ideas from and how I develop these ideas into crime novels of approximately eighty thousand words.

Pauline Rowson explaining how she plots her DI Andy Horton series of crime novels

I also read the prologue from one of my stand alone thriller crime novels, In For The Kill.  The audience were then invited to grill me about my crime writing, which they did.

Pauline Rowson reading the prologue to her thriller, In For The Kill

Question covered included: how do I choose names for my characters?  How do I come up with a title for my crime novels? What inspired me to become a writer and more.

After this and over the splendid and sumptuous tea I signed plenty of books for the avid group of readers.

My thanks to Helen Snow and the volunteers and audience at Sandhurst Library for making my final talk of 2013 such a memorable one.

To see my speaking engagements for 2014 visit the Events Page on my website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.