The highlights of 2013 for Pauline Rowson, author of the DI Andy Horton Series
As the year closes I've pulled together some highlights from 2013. My thanks to all my readers, my publishers, to the libraries and organisations who have hosted my talks, to the press, radio presenters and their listeners and to my family, friends and everyone who has supported me throughout 2013.
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.
(Videos and photo slide shows of talks, radio shows and location shots of DI Horton novels Undercurrent and Death Surge, published in 2013 to come in following blogs.)
- The DI Andy Horton marine mystery crime novels were published in China in 2013 by Nanhai Publishing Company of Haikou who bought translation rights to six in the DI Horton series published in the UK and USA by Severn House.
- Undercurrent, the ninth in the popular marine mystery crime series featuring the flawed and rugged detective DI Horton was published in the UK, Commonwealth in January 2013 and USA in May 2013.
- Footsteps on the Shore the sixth in the DI Andy Horton series was published in Large Print on 28 March by Severn House Publishers and as an unabridged audio book in July by Isis Publishing and read by Gordon Griffin who also reads the others in the DI Horton series.
- Tide of Death, the first in the DI Horton series, Dead Man's Wharf, the fourth DI Horton crime novel and Footsteps on the Shore, the sixth in the DI Andy Horton series, went Underground in London to help commuters to while away their journey.
- Death Surge, the tenth to feature the flawed and rugged DI Andy Horton was published in the UK and Commonwealth by Severn House Publishers on 30 September.
- Tide of Death, Deadly Waters, and The Suffocating Sea, the third in the DI Andy Horton series took to the New York Subway for commuters to while away their journey.
- A Killing Coast, the seventh in the DI Andy Horton series, was published in paperback and as an unabridged audio book by Isis publishing, read by Gordon Griffin who also reads the others in the DI Horton series.
- Severn House Publishers bought World English language rights to the eleventh in the DI Andy Horton series. Shroud of Evil will be published in the UK and Commonwealth in April 2014 in hardcover and in the USA in hardcover in August 2014 when it will also be released as an e book.
- I entertained over three thousand people in 2013 with tales of crime writing, murder, mystery and mayhem giving twenty two talks and appearing on five panels around the UK.
- I spoke to many more via the wonderful medium of radio with nine radio interviews and media coverage in local and regional press.
- On the writing front I finished writing Death Surge which was published in 2013, and also finished writing the eleventh in the DI Horton series, Shroud of Evil, which will be published in April 2014.
- I started writing the twelfth in the DI Horton series.