Pauline Rowson entertains the audience at Monks Brook U3A with tales of crime



At Monks Brook U3A on 8 January I was delighted to talk to the audience about my DI Andy Horton crime novels, how I draw my inspiration from the area in which the novels are set ( the Solent area on the South Coast of England) and my method for developing plot lines and creating characters. 


Pauline Rowson talking to the audience at Monks Brook U3A about how she writes her DI Andy Horton crime novels

I was also delighted to sign copies of my DI Andy Horton novels and my two stand alone thrillers, In Cold Daylight and In For The Kill.
 
 

Pauline Rowson talking about the idea behind DI Andy Horton crime novel, Undercurrent, at Monks Brook U3A Jan 14


There were plenty of questions from the audience including writing routines, first drafts and revisions, what inspired me to write crime novels



Pauline Rowson at Monks Brook U3A talking about her method of writing the DI Andy Horton crime novels

 U3As are self-help, self-managed lifelong learning co-operatives for older people no longer in full time work, providing opportunities for their members to share learning experiences in a wide range of interest groups and to pursue learning not for qualifications, but for fun.

U3As are always a lovely audience and I'm honoured to have given so many talks to members of this great organisation. I have many more talks lined up at U3As and other groups in 2014.

To see all my events for 2014 visit the Events Page.

If you would like me to speak to your organisation, company or library please contact me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.