A great audience at Southampton listened to Pauline Rowson relay the exploits of DI Andy Horton



Over a hundred and fifty people packed the hall in Southampton on 1 April to hear me talk about the writing process and ther DI Andy Horton crime series set on the South Coast of England.

Pauline Rowson talking to the audience at Southampton U3A about crime writing and her crime novels

I entertained  members of Southampton U3A with the exploits of the rugged and flawed detective, and talked about the inspiration behind the series which is published in the UK and USA by Severn House and which has been translated into several languages.

I spoke about how I plot and research the police procedural crime novels and I gave a reading from The Suffocating Sea, number three in the Horton series, before taking a number of questions from the floor.


Shroud of Evil, the eleventh DI Andy Horton crime novels is now published in the the UK and Commonwealth this month in hardcover, and will be published in the USA in August, when it will also be released as an ebook.

DI Andy Horton number 11 in the series, Shroud of Evil

It was a fantastic event and books were very quickly sold out. U3A audiences are always a delight to speak to.

Pauline Rowson talking to members of Southampton U3A

I give talks to many audiences throughout the UK. My next appearance is at CrimeFest in Bristol on 16 May when I will be chairing a panel of crime authors.  I will also be giving a talk at Bognor Regis Library on 20 May. 

To see all my events for 2014 and 2015 visit the events page on my website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.