A packed audience at Emsworth WI listen to tales of crime with Pauline Rowson

A packed audience at Emsworth Womens Institute sat enthralled by the mechanics of writing a crime novel and the exploits of my flawed and rugged Portsmouth based copper DI Andy Horton at the talk I gave on Friday 12 September. They were a lovely audience, very friendly and asked lots of questions at the end of my talk in addition to buying signed copies of my crime novels.

Pauline Rowson entertaining the audience at Emsworth WI


Emsworth is a coastal village on the borders of Hampshire and West Sussex and features in some of my crime novels. It borders the beautiful Chichester Harbour, an area of outstanding natural beauty.


Chichester Harbour looking across to the mill at Langstone, area featured in Tide of Death (DI Andy Horton 1)

I talked about where and how I get my inspiration, how I develop plot lines and characters and the adventures of my fictional series detective, DI Andy Horton.

Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels to Emsworth WI members


I also talked about the idea behind my standalone thrillers, In Cold Daylight and In For The Kill, which like the Horton series are set on the South Coast of England.



I'm delighted to say that my crime novels have been hailed in the USA and the UK as the 'Best in British Crime Fiction.' They have been translated into several languages and reviews have described them as being 'compelling', 'full of twists and turns', 'cleverly plotted,' and 'atmospheric'. They have drawn interest from film and television both in the UK and in America.

The latest in the Horton series, Shroud of Evil, was published in the UK and USA in 2014 by Severn House. It is the eleventh to feature the enigmatic detective DI Andy Horton and is available in hardcover and as an ebook.
 
How far would you go to protect a secret? For DI Andy Horton there is no choice, withholding information in a murder investigation could cost him his job.

"A compelling protagonist and mounting suspense make the book hard to put down.." Publishers Weekly


You can view all my forthcoming speaking engagements on the events page on my website.

Buy Pauline Rowson books on Amazon USA

Buy Pauline Rowson books on Amazon UK

Or buy from any online store or your local bookshop.

Also available on loan from libraries in the UK, USA and Commonwealth 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.