Pauline Rowson entertains the audience at Fleet

A superb audience turned out in Fleet, Hampshire on 19 November to hear me talk about the inspiration behind my popular crime novels and how I plan, plot and write them. I talked about the Solent based crime series featuring the flawed and rugged Portsmouth copper DI Andy Horton.


Large audience greet crime author Pauline Rowson at Fleet U3A, talking about her Solent based crime novels

The latest in the DI Andy Horton series, Shroud of Evil, was published in the UK and USA in 2014 by Severn House. It is the eleventh to feature the enigmatic detective and is currently available in hardcover and as an ebook. It will be published in paperback in autumn 2015 when the twelfth in the Horton series, FATAL CATCH, will also be published in hardcover by Severn House.



DI Andy Horton number 11 in the series


During the talk I also treated the audience to a preview of the first in my crime series featuring former Royal Marine Commando, Special Boat Services Officer, Art Marvik, Silent Running, which is being published by Severn House in March 2015.



Pauline Rowson entertaining the audience at Fleet, talking about her crime novels

The audience listened enraptured as I spoke about my crime writing, where and how I get my inspiration from, how I develop plot lines and characters and the adventures of my fictional series detective, DI Andy Horton.



Pauline Rowson talking to the audience at Fleet about how she writes her crime novels


I also talked about the idea behind my standalone thrillers, In Cold Daylight and In For The Kill, which like the Horton series are set on the South Coast of England.  

After my talk the audience lined up to buy signed copies of my novels.  They were a delightful audience and I  thoroughly enjoyed talking to them. 2015 is going to be a very busy year for me with two new crime novels being published, two being released in paperback and lots of talks lined up.



Pauline Rowson signing copies of her crime novels at Fleet, Hampshire

 
You can view all my speaking engagements on my events page on my website where you can also see details of all my books.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.