What's on in May and a look back at May over the last three years


Before I say what's happening in May 2015 I thought I'd take a quick look back to see what I was up to in May 2012, May 2013, May 2014.

For the last few years May has always meant a trip to CrimeFest, 2012, 2013 and 2014 when I appeared on panels with my fellow crime writers.  This year, though, 2015, I am unable to attend because of a prior personal commitment so I will miss catching up with my contemporaries and meeting up with crime fiction fans from around the World.



Pauline Rowson with a DI Andy Horton fan from Connecticut USA

Crimefest is a crime fiction convention which follows the format of US conventions and includes interviews, panels, and a gala dinner.  It is held annually in Bristol, UK and attracts audiences from around the World. 


Pauline Rowson taking a panel question at CrimeFest 2013

So here's looking back and then ahead for the month of May.


May 2014

In 2014 I entertained the audience at Bognor Regis Library talking about the inspiration behind my crime novels and how I research, plot and write them.  And in 2014 I was putting finishing touches to the first draft of the new crime novel, the first in a new crime series featuring former Marine Commando, Art Marvik. 


Pauline Rowson entertaining the audience at Bognor Regis Library

Silent Running is now published and is attracting some great reviews from reviewers and readers. In 2014 I also began working on DI Andy Horton number twelve in the series, Fatal Catch and I'm delighted to say that Fatal Catch will be published by Severn House in September 2015.

May 2013

And in 2013 I gave an after dinner talk to Havant Ladies Inner Wheel at the Brookfield Hotel, Emsworth and  a talk to Chandlers Ford U3A .  In 2013 I was writing the eleventh in the DI Andy Horton Mystery series Shroud of Evil which is now published in hardcover and as an ebook and will be available in paperback in October 2015.




Pauline Rowson talking to members of Chandlers Ford U3A about her crime novels set in the Solent

 May 2012

In 2012 along with my appearance  at CrimeFest I was on Angel Radio and I gave a talk to Basingstoke and Old Basing U3A.

So let's come to May 2015

This May I will be giving a talk about my crime novels and crime writing to Ferndown Probus in Dorset on 6 May.  I will also be spending some time in Dorset on location research for the second in the Art Marvik series which I have written but just need to firm up on a few aspects of the locations I have used in the novel.  I am also working on finishing the next in the DI Andy Horton series, number thirteen which I haven't yet given a title.

Meanwhile Silent Running is now published in hardcover in the UK, along with Shroud of Evil, DI Andy Horton 11.

In addition, Death Surge, DI Andy Horton 10 is now available in paperback as well as on Kindle and as an e book.  So plenty to read! Happy reading.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.