Audience enthralled by tales of crime writing from author Pauline Rowson

Over 120 people packed the auditorium at Crosfield Hall in Romsey on 15 July at my talk on murder, mystery and mayhem which was really about how I write my crime novels, which are set against the backdrop of the sea on the South Coast of England. I talked about the inspiration behind my crime novels and how I develop plot lines and create characters including my new hero, former marine commando, Art Marvik and my fictional series detective, DI Andy Horton.


Romsey U3A Pauline Rowson talking to a packed audience – July 2015

 The DI Andy Horton novels are set in the Solent area of Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight and they feature the exploits of my flawed and rugged Portsmouth copper DI Andy Horton.  I'm delighted that the Horton crime novels have recently been option by top UK production company Lime Pictures who are seeking to bring the enigmatic sailing detective to the TV screens.

The latest in the DI Andy Horton series, Shroud of Evil, was published in the UK and USA in 2014 by Severn House. It is the eleventh to feature the enigmatic detective and is currently available in hardcover and as an ebook. It will be published in paperback in autumn 2015 when the twelfth in the Horton series, Fatal Catch, will also be published in hardcover by Severn House.





I also talked about the creation of my new hero, former Royal Marine Commando, Special Boat Services Officer, Art Marvik, who is introduced in Silent Running, The second in the Art Marvik series is to be published by Severn House in  Spring 2016. 






In addition I mentioned the inspiration behind my two standalone thrillers, In Cold Daylight and In For The Kill, which like the Horton series are set on the South Coast of England.



Romsey U3A Pauline Rowson explaining how she creates plots from ideas

 There followed a lively Question and Answer and a book signing.  The audience were great and I  thoroughly enjoyed talking to them. It's always great to meet existing readers and lovely to introduce my novels to new readers.



Romsey U3A Pauline Rowson signing copies of her crime novels



Romsey U3A On stage Pauline Rowson explaining how she researches her crime novels 

 

You can view all my speaking engagements on my events page.


Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.