Lowering the temperature with chilling tales in a heatwave

Talking about crime in a heatwave might bring the temperature down if it's a chilling tale but it was still hot stuff in The Bell Inn, Brook, in the New Forest on 1 July when I gave a talk to the lovely gentlemen of New Forest North Probus on the hottest day of 2015 (so far) and the hottest July day in the UK ever!


Pauline Rowson entertaining the gentlemen of New Forest North Probus July 2015

The Bell Inn is a beautiful old pub in one of the loveliest parts of the New Forest where amazingly the cattle roam the roads freely along with the ponies.  Here are two of the them taking advantage of the shad close to the Bell Inn hotel, perhaps they're waiting for someone to buy them a drink!


Cows heading for a drink at The Bell Inn, New Forest the heatwave makes us all thirsty July 2015

It was a stifling hot afternoon but I'm delighted that no one fell asleep during my talk as I took the audience through how I plan, plot, research and write my crime novels, how I create the characters and where I draw my inspiration from, which is the sea on the South Coast of England where my novels are primarily set although my new hero, former marine commando Art Marvik, introduced in SILENT RUNNING does stray further afield on his dangerous missions.



Pauline Rowson talking about the Art Marvik crime novel Silent Running - New Forest North Probus- July 2015


I also talked about my flawed and rugged sailing detective, DI Andy Horton, the background to his quest to find the truth behind his mother's disappearance over thirty years ago and the many crimes he is pulled in to help solve on his home patch of Portsmouth and across the Solent on the Isle of Wight.




Pauline Rowson talking about the DI Andy Horton crime novel Shroudof Evil - New Forest North Probus- July 2015

 The audience were very appreciative and asked lots of questions, after which I signed copies of my crime novels.It was a very enjoyable afternoon. Thank you to New Forest North Probus for asking me to speak.




Pauline Rowson answering a question-New Forest North Probus July 2015

My next speaking engagement is 19 July when I'll be talking to members of Romsey U3A.

You can see all my forthcoming engagements on the Events Page on my website. 

To inquire or book me as a speak please use the form on the Contact Us Page on my website.




Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.