Midhurst enthusiastic about mystery - Pauline Rowson entertains the audience with crime writing tales

An enthusiastic audience greeted me in the West Sussex historic market town of Midhurst on a wet and windy afternoon in November to listen spellbound on how I write my crime novels which are set against the backdrop of the sea on the South Coast of England. The historic town has provided inspiration for many writers including Hillaire Belloc, John Wyndham and my fellow crime author the late Ruth Rendell.


Pauline Rowson talking to members of Midhurst U3A about her marine based crime novels

The audience listened enraptured as I explained where I draw my inspiration from, how I develop plot lines and create characters including my new hero, former Royal Marine Commando, Art Marvik   introduced in Silent Running published in 2015 and my flawed and rugged sailing detective  DI Andy Horton.

 

Pauline Rowson explaining how she plots her crime novels to Midhurst U3A members


The DI Andy Horton  crime novels have recently been option by top UK production company Lime Pictures, producers of Chanel 4's Hollyoaks, who are seeking to bring the enigmatic sailing detective to the TV screens.


The latest in the DI Andy Horton series to be published by Severn House in paperback is Shroud of Evil  with the twelfth in the Horton series, Fatal Catch,  now be published in hardcover and as an ebook from 20 December 2015. 


I also talked about  my standalone thrillers, In Cold Daylight and In For The Kill, which like the Horton series are set on the South Coast of England.



My crime novels have been hailed in the USA and the UK as 'Exemplary, 'Compelling,' 'Cleverly plotted,' and the 'Best in British Crime Fiction.'  My talk  was followed by a lively Question and Answer session and a book signing.  It was a very enjoyable afternoon and great to meet some DI Andy Horton fans and introduce my crime novels to some new readers.



Pauline Rowson signing copies of her crime novels at Midhurst



You can view all my speaking engagements on my events page on my website




Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.