Hooked on crime - Pauline Rowson entertains members of Fugelmere Probus Club

The audience at Fugelmere Probus Club of Fleet in North Hampshire were hooked on crime of the fictional type I'm glad to say as they listened intently to my talk on how I write my crime novels set on the South Coast of England.



Fugelmere Probus, Fleet, Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels


The aims of the Probus Clubs are "To promote fellowship among members by holding a monthly luncheon meeting and by promoting other activities". Membership is open to men aged 60 or over, or who have partially or fully retired from professional or business activities and are resident in Fleet or the surrounding district. There are many Probus clubs around the UK and I have had the pleasure at speaking to quite a few.  On this occasion the men were joined by their wives, partners and widows of previous members and it was lovely to see so many people there.


Fugelmere Probus, Fleet, Pauline Rowson talking about plot outlines

 

I took them through how I plan, plot, research and write my crime novels, how I create the characters and where I draw my inspiration from, which is usually locations around the Solent area where my novels are primarily set although my new hero, former Royal Marine commando Art Marvik, introduced in Silent Running does stray further afield on his dangerous missions. And is shortly to appear in his next mission in Dangerous Cargo to be published in the UK on 31 May 2016 and in the USA on 1 September 2016.



Fugelmere Probus, Fleet, Pauline Rowson talking about the idea behind In Cold Daylight


 
I, of course, also talked about my flawed and rugged sailing detective, DI Andy Horton, the crimes he solves on his home patch of Portsmouth and across the Solent on the Isle of Wight and his quest to find the truth behind his mother's disappearance over thirty years ago.




Seeing double - Fugelmere Probus, Fleet - Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels


The audience were appreciative, attentive and awake despite their lovely lunch in the Lismoyne Hotel, Fleet.  They asked lots of questions, after which I was honoured to be asked to sign copies of my crime novels.

It was a very enjoyable afternoon. Thank you for asking me to speak.

You can see all my forthcoming engagements on the Events Page on my website To inquire or book me as a speak please use the form on the Contact Us Page on my website




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.