Odiham in Hampshire get a taste for crime with Pauline Rowson

Members of Odiham U3A got the taste for murder on a bright sunny May day when I entertained them with tales of my crime busting heroes adventures, the rugged and flawed DI Andy Horton and my new hero, Art Marvik, the trouble former Royal Marine Commando, Special Boat Services Officer, now working undercover for the UK's National Intelligence Marine Sqaud,(NIMS).






Pauline Rowson entertains the audience at Odiham, Hampshire with tales of her crime fighting heroes

I spoke about how I write my crime novels set against the backdrop of the sea on the South Coast of England.

The enigmatic sailing detective  DI Andy Horton. features in twelve crime novels with Fatal Catch the latest in the Portsmouth based series and a new one due out early 2017.   Art Marvik introduced in Silent Running  will be undertaking his second mission for NIMS in Dangerous Cargo to be published on 31 May 2016

I talked about how I draw my inspiration from locations, primarily in the Solent area but also along the south coast of England; how I work up ideas for the novels, develop characters and plot lines.

The DI Andy Horton  crime novels have been option by top UK production company Lime Pictures, producers of Channel 4's Hollyoaks, who are seeking to bring the enigmatic sailing detective to the TV screens. So fingers crossed for that.

My talk  was followed by a lively Question and Answer session and a book signing. The audience were great. I  thoroughly enjoyed talking to them.





Pauline Rowson talking to readers and book signing at Odiham U3A, Hants.


You can view all my speaking engagements on the events page on my website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.