Wowing the Wordwrights of Titchfield with words of writing wisdom

I was delighted to be asked to talk to the Wordwrights of Titchfield  on Thursday 20 July a friendly creative writing group based in the Hampshire village of Titchfield. Members range from beginners through to published writers working in all genres including short stories, articles, poetry, play writing and novels. The group meet on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month from 1.30 p.m to 3.30 p.m in the Community Centre, Titchfield.

Pauline Rowson talking about crime writing to Wordwrights of Titchfield Writing Group

 I talked about where I draw my inspiration from, which is essentially the sea as all my crime novels are set against the backdrop of the ever changing sea.  I also explained how I plot and research my crime novels, how I create and develop the characters and as there was ample time for questions from the audience I was able to cover topics such as viewpoint, dialogue and getting published.

Pauline Rowson explaining a point on crime writing to Wordwrights, a creative writing group

I'm thrilled to say that my eighteenth crime novel, Lost Voyage, the third in the Art Marvik mystery series, was published by Severn House on 10 July 2017.



There are now thirteen  crime novels featuring my rugged and flawed Portsmouth detective DI Andy Horton, three in the Art Marvik series, a former Royal Marine Commando now an undercover investigator for the UK's National Intelligence Marine Squad (NIMS) and  I am also the author of two standalone thrillers, the award winning, In Cold Daylight and In For the Kill.




My crime novels have been described as 'multi layered' and 'complex,' and 'full of twists and turns.'

They are published by Severn House and Soundings and are available in hardback, paperback, as ebooks, and some are also available in Large Print and as unabridged audio books.  Published in the UK and the USA they can be bought on line and from all good bookshops. They are also available for loan in UK and USA libraries.


Where to buy

Pauline Rowson's books USA

Pauline Rowson's books UK

From your local bookshop


Also available as an ebook and on Amazon Kindle, Kobo and for loan from UK, USA, Irish and Commonwealth libraries


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.