Murder in mind at the Women's Institute with crime author Pauline Rowson



Murder was on the agenda at Stakes Women's Institute on Thursday 16 November when I entertained the ladies with tales of my fictional crime busting heroes, the rugged and flawed sailing Portsmouth  detective, Inspector Andy Horton, and undercover investigator, former Royal Marine Commando, Art Marvik.


Stake WI enraptured audience as Pauline Rowson talks about her crime novels


I talked about how I write my murder mystery crime novels set against the backdrop of the sea on the south coast of England, from where I draw my inspiration. I also spoke about how I create my  characters, develop story-lines and plots and how I research the novels including the police procedure and the forensic elements. My talk was followed by  a lively question and answer session and a book signing.


Stake WI Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels

 It was great fun talking to Stakes Women's Institute. I enjoyed it immensely. My thanks to them for inviting me to speak at one of their meetings.


Stake WI Pauline Rowson holding up her crime novels plottings



Stake WI Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels

 
 Lethal Waves, no. 13 in the Inspector Andy Horton police procedural crime series.

On his return from Guernsey, Horton is called out to investigate the death of a vagrant whose body is found under a rotting houseboat on the shores of Portsmouth.



 "This heart-breaking story of ambition, greed, jealousy, and revenge makes a good choice for fans of no-nonsense British procedurals." Booklist

Lost Voyage, the third in the crime series to feature former Royal Marine Commando, Art Marvik, an undercover investigator for the UK's National Intelligence Marine Squad (NIMS)

Marvik faces a desperate battle to save others from a ruthless assassin who will stop at nothing in order to protect the secret of the Mary Jo’s last voyage from ever being exposed



"Plenty of action, I didn't want to put the book down. A good read for mystery/ thriller fans." Net Galley


Where to buy

Pauline Rowson's books USA

Pauline Rowson's books UK

From your local bookshop


Also available as an ebook and on Amazon Kindle, Kobo and for loan from UK, USA, Irish and Commonwealth libraries





Where to buy

Pauline Rowson's books USA

Pauline Rowson's books UK

From your local bookshop


Also available as an ebook and on Amazon Kindle, Kobo and for loan from UK, USA, Irish and Commonwealth libraries


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.