How can I ever be stuck for ideas for my crime novels living where I do with this happening - Mutiny on the Bounty

I love my local newspapers both the Portsmouth News and the Isle of Wight County Press because they throw up such wonderful ideas for my DI Andy Horton crime novels and thrillers. Last week it was the visit of the Queen and the USS George. H. W. Bush to Portsmouth and now it's the turn of history to visit the Isle of Wight in the form of a replica of HMS Bounty. And I saw it on Wednesday when I was on the Island.


The replica of HMS Bounty at Trinity Landing, Cowes. Picture by Laura Holme.
Courtesy of the Isle of Wight County Press

It's currently docked in Cowes and will be at Trinity Landing until the end of the weekend.  It was built in 1960 for the MGM movie version of Mutiny on the Bounty, starring Marlon Brando and has also appeared in Pirates of the Caribbean: and Dead Man’s Chest with Johnny Depp.

I've just got to bring this into a future DI Horton novel somewhere! Don't ask me how yet, but I'll think of something.




Film star Bounty visits Island:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.