Can you write a crime story in 150 words? CrimeFest and Flash Fiction

CRIMEFEST is a convention for people who like to read an occasional crime novel as well as for die-hard fanatics. Every year  at the end of May a bunch of us crime authors and crime fiction fans descend on Bristol to enjoy mingling with each other, and listening to a series of debates and interviews.

CrimeFest also runs a series of awards and I'm delighted that A Killing Coast, DI Andy Horton crime novel number seven, is up for the eDunnit Award.

There are also a series of workshops and a chance for budding authors to pitch their novels to Agents.

CrimeFest’s Flashbang 2013 competition throws down the challenge of writing an amazing crime story in 150 words.
 
The Flashbang competition, is open to people who are not established writers. It will be judged by crime writer Zoe Sharp.

CrimeFest 2013 runs from May 30th to June 2nd in Bristol, UK. Details of the programme are being finalised and will be published on their website shortly, but delegates can expect another year of exciting panels and sessions with international crime authors.

I'm delighted to be appearing at CrimeFest 2013 where I will once again be on a panel with some of my fellow crime writers.



Last year  I appeared with Frances Brody, Mary Andrea Clarke, Leigh Russell and Adrian Magson. I will post details here and on my website about my panel for 2013 as soon as I have them.  


You can read more about my appearances at CrimeFest on this blog or on my official website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.