Pauline Rowson entertains the audience at Weymouth Library

On Wednesday 22 October I gave a talk to readers at Weymouth Library and  beforehand took the opportunity to do some research for one of my crime novels.



Weymouth Library Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels

 As my readers know my crime novels are all set around the sea with the DI Andy Horton series primarily set in the Solent area on the South Coast of England. However, there is always the chance that DI Horton will venture further afield and readers are in for a surprise in 2015 and a treat (I hope) with the launch of a brand new hero in a brand new crime series (more about that later) which means that other coastal locations will be featuring in future crime novels. One of them is Weymouth.





Weymouth is a seaside resort on the Dorset Coast and boasts a sandy beach in a sheltered bay off the English Channel at the mouth of the River Wey. Georgian terraces face onto the bay and Weymouth is situated halfway along the Jurassic Coast, a World Heritage Site important for its geology and landforms.


Weymouth Marina, Dorset


The audience at Weymouth Library made me very welcome. I talked about how I plot my crime novels, develop characters and where I draw my inspiration from. They asked lots of questions and this was followed by tea and biscuits and a book signing.



Weymouth Library Pauline Rowson talking about how she writes her crime novels

My thanks to Mary Gracie and the Friends of Weymouth Library for organising the talk and to all the lovely people for coming and listening to me.


Weymouth Library Pauline Rowson reading an extract from one of her crime novels





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.