Entertaining the ladies of the National Association of Tangent - lunchtime guest speaker

I was delighted to be the lunchtime guest speaker at the Southampton branch of the National Association of Tangent on a cold Tuesday on the 20 January.  The lunch was held in the Keats Restaurant, Ampfield, near Romsey in Hampshire and a very good lunch it was too with great company.  After the two course lunch I entertained the audience with tales of my crime heroes and especially the exploits of my rugged and flawed detective DI Andy Horton.  This was followed by questions and a book signing.




Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels to members of Southampton Tangent Club

I explained how I write my crime novels, showing examples of my plot lines, and character sketches and I explained where I draw my inspiration from which is primarily locations along the South Coast of England and in DI Andy Horton's case is Portsmouth and surrounding area and the Isle of Wight. 



Pauline Rowson lunch time guest speaker talking about her crime novels to members of Southampton Tangent Club


There are currently eleven in the DI Andy Horton series, with number twelve, Fatal Catch, due to be published later in 2015.  They are all in print and also available as e books.  Some are also available as audio books. 

Death Surge, DI Andy Horton 10. will also be published in paperback in March 2015.


As well as the DI Andy Horton crime novels there are two standalone thrillers, In Cold Daylight and In For the Kill and coming soon, the first in a new marine crime series featuring former Marine Commando, Special Boat Services Officer, Art Marvik.  Silent Running will be published in March 2015.




Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels to members of Southampton Tangent Club



Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels to members of Southampton Tangent Club

 
The National Tangent Association is a member of the Round Table family. I've spoken to other Tangent groups and always enjoy them. You can find out more about Tangent on their website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.