Photos from my talk to Second Year Criminology and Forensic Studies Students at the University of Portsmouth

It was great to meet so many of the second year Criminology and Forensic Studies students at the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies, University of Portsmouth on Tuesday 17 February where I talked about crime writing and how I research, plot and write my crime novels. I hope that it provided an interesting insight for the students.



I took the students through how I map out my crime novels using mind maps and plot lines.  I've been told by a former detective of the Hong Kong police that my workings out are exactly how they used to map out the crimes they investigated, so there you have it.


Pauline Rowson talking to students about her crime novels and crime writing at the ICJS University of Portsmouth Feb. 2015




Pauline Rowson talking to students about crime writing at the ICJS University of Portsmouth Feb. 2015



The Institute of Criminal Justice Studies (ICJS) at University of Portsmouth draws together expertise across the range of criminal justice fields and has become an internationally renowned focal point for the multidisciplinary study of crime and criminal justice processes. They provide courses for undergraduate and postgraduate students from diverse backgrounds, using full-time, part-time and distance learning programmes, within an environment that is strong in both research and professional links.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.