Great audience at Totton South U3A for a tour around crime writing

Almost a hundred people packed Colbury Memorial Hall on the edge of the New Forst, Hampshire on a very hot summer's day in June to listen to me talking about how I research, plot and write my crime novels. I talked about the DI Andy Horton series set in the Solent area on the South Coast of England, which has recently been optioned for TV by one of the UK's top television production companies, Lime Pictures, who are seeking to bring the flawed and rugged, sailing  detective, Andy Horton to the TV screens.




A packed audience at Totton South U3A listening to Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels


I also spoke about my new hero, former marine commando, Art Marvik, in Silent Running, and my stand alone thrillers, In Cold Daylight and In For The Kill.

I explained where I draw my ideas from for my crime novels which is often from locations or overheard conversations, how I create my characters using mind maps, how I use a storyboard to plot the novels and how I research them.





Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels to members of Totton South U3A June 2015


After my talk there was as usual a Q and A which was followed by a book signing over tea.



Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels to members of Totton South U3A June 2015



Pauline Rowson signing copies of her crime novels at Totton South U3A

 The U3A movement is huge in the UK and growing by the day.  It stands for the University of the Third Age and is an organisation that brings together retired and semi-retired people to learn together, not for qualifications but for its own reward: the joy of discovery.

My thanks to Totton South U3A for inviting me to talk.

See all my events for 2015 and 2016.  To book me to speak to your organisation please use the  contact form on my website.

Competition to win a FREE copy of SILENT RUNNING


Enter the competition to win a copy of SILENT RUNNING, my latest new explosive marine crime novel. Severn House Publishers has 5 free ebooks to give away. All you have to do is guess the name of the dog mentioned in Silent Running and there are clues to help you.  Become a sleuth and see if you can fathom out the clues and be a winner.


Enter the Silent Running Competition.





Silent Running is published by Severn House and introduces former marine commando, special boat services officer, Art Marvik.

Marvik, adrift after leaving the marines and smarting from his first failed civilian mission seeks refuge in a remote  cottage on the Isle of Wight. Then a visit from a former girlfriend and a missing computer  scientist changes everything. In a race against time, Marvik is sucked into a dangerous  assignment and a web of deceit that will need all his skills, and those of his  friend, former Marine Special Forces Communicator, Shaun Strathen, to get to  the truth. Their mission, to stop a ruthless killer before he kills again.





The tenth DI Andy Horton crime novel, Death Surge, is now available in paperback and as an e book.

Shroud of Evil, the eleventh is in hardcover and e book format and for all you DI Andy Horton fans and for many of you wanting to know what really happened to Andy's mother after she abandoned him when he was ten more will be revealed in DI Andy Horton 12, Fatal Catch, due to be published by Severn House in September 2015.

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.