Crime author Pauline Rowson as you've never seen her before!

No, not this picture, you've seen ones like this before,  so you'll have to read on and scroll down to find out what I mean, but here's the background to it.

I was a keynote speaker at a creative event in Portsmouth in January 2019, which brought together individuals from the world of art, literature, photography, film, design and more from all over the city of Portsmouth. It was an interesting and informative event with plenty of chances to network with other creative people.

I talked to the audience about how locations inspire me and how they help me create the plot lines for my crime novels. I also spoke about what inspired me to become an author. The latter the discovery of a small local library in my home town of Portsmouth - the Alderman Lacy Library - at the age of eight which gave me a life long passion for reading and for writing.

As part of the event the organisers asked artist, Steve Acheson, to draw caricatures of the speakers - myself, and three other speakers, along with Councillor Steve Pitt who introduced the event.

What's a caricature?


The Cambridge English Dictionary has this to say on the subject: "(the art of making) a drawing or written or spoken description of someone that usually makes them look silly by making part of their appearance or character more noticeable than it really is."

So here I am in the raw! I think I look rather like a headmistress in my caricature, what do you think?



Pauline Rowson with her caricature


And here is a picture of all the keynote speakers with their caricatures. From left to right: Mark Graham, James Sharpe, Pauline Rowson, Counsellor Steve Pitt, Professor Trevor Keeble. Click on the images to enlarge them.

Keynote speakers at Creative Portsmouth with their caricatures


The DI Andy Horton crime novels are set in Portsmouth and the surrounding area. There are fourteen in the series featuring the rugged and flawed Portsmouth detective, Inspector Andy Horton with DEAD PASSAGE the most recently published in October 2018. There are also three in the mystery series featuring Art Marvik, the former Royal Marine Commando now an undercover investigator for the UK's National Intelligence Marine Squad (NIMS) and two standalone thrillers, the award winning, In Cold Daylight and In For the Kill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.