Met some avid DI Andy Horton and Art Marvik fans at Woolston Library

I was delighted to entertain readers at Woolston Library, Southampton on 9 July when I met some lovely and very avid DI Andy Horton and Art Marvik fans.  It was very heart warming and motivating to hear from them how much they enjoyed reading my crime novels


Pauline Rowson at Woolston Library


I explained how I write my crime novels set on the South Coast of England. I now have nineteen crime novels published, soon to be twenty in September with the first in my new historical mystery series set in 1950 introducing Scotland Yard detective, Inspector Alun Ryga in DEATH IN THE COVE.   There are fourteen novels in the DI Andy Horton series set in Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight;three in the Art Marvik  mystery thriller series; and two standalone thrillers, IN COLD DAYLIGHT and IN FOR THE KILL.

Woolston Library Pauline Rowson demonstrating her plot lines

Woolston Library Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels

Woolston Library Pauline Rowson signing copies of her crime novels

I explained how locations along the south coast of England provide the inspiration for my crime novels and how I turn these ideas into multi-layered and gripping plots, how I develop plot lines by creating a storyboard; how I create characters using spidergrams and how I research the police procedure and the forensic aspects of my crime novels. Following my talk there was a lively question and answer session and a book signing. It was a pleasure to talk to the lovely audience at Woolston Library.

Crime author Pauline Rowson at Woolston Library


Pauline Rowson at Woolston Library before giving her talk



Dead Passage is the latest Inspector Andy Horton mystery, number 14 in the series



Available in paperback, as an ebook, on Amazon Kindle and Kobo.  A mysterious telephone call sends Horton on a complex and twisted investigation into the death of a local politician twelve years ago and uncovers a trail of lies, secrets and revenge with roots deep in the past.

"A detective novel in the tradition of Rankin and Harvey." Mystery People Magazine


Lost Voyage is the latest Art Marvik mystery thriller, number 3 in the series


Marvik faces a desperate battle to save others from a ruthless assassin who will stop at nothing in order to protect the secret of the Mary Jo’s last voyage from ever being exposed

"Plenty of action, I didn't want to put the book down. A good read for mystery/ thriller fans." Net Galley



Death in the Cove, an Inspector Alun Ryga 1950 mystery, available for pre-order (published September 2019)  



England 1950, a country still struggling to come to terms with peace in the grip of austerity and rationing.

Recently promoted to Inspector at Scotland Yard the former merchant navy seaman and German prisoner-of-war is despatched to the Island of Portland in Dorset to solve an unusual and baffling case.

Published in paperback, e book, on Amazon Kindle and Kobo and as an audio book on 26 September 2019.  Now available to pre-order.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.