I'm back from marine mystery crime and thriller country

Three of my crime and thriller novels feature the Isle of Wight on the South Coast of England. In For The Kill, the fast-paced thriller starring Alex Albury, is set there; The Suffocating Sea, an Inspector Andy Horton Marine Mystery ends there, and Blood Upon The Sand, another Horton crime novel, which I've just finished writing, is also set there.

As I've just returned from a long hike on the Isle of Wight, I thought I'd post a couple of photos of where these novels are based. The top photograph is of Sandown Bay and the one below is of Whitecliff Bay. I'll take more next time I travel from Portsmouth to the Isle of Wight and post them here.


In In For The Kill, Alex's life descends into a living nightmare when his identity is stolen. Newly released from prison and living on a houseboat in Bembridge Harbour, Alex sets out on a quest to discover who framed him for fraud and embezzlement, vowing to destroy this man as he has destroyed Alex's life. (You can listen to me reading the prologue on my web site).


In The Suffocating Sea, Andy Horton is forced to confront the past, not just that of the victim found badly charred on a burning boat, but of his mother's disappearance thirty years ago. As the pieces of a long ago puzzle begin to unravel it soon becomes clear to Horton that this is one mystery someone is determined he should never solve - masterminded by a dangerous adversary who will stop at nothing to prevent the truth from coming out.

The new Inspector Andy Horton Marine Mystery is called Blood Upon The Sand. It is not yet published because I've only just finished writing it.
On his way back to Portsmouth from Guernsey, Andy moors his yacht at Bembridge Marina on the Isle of Wight and discovers a woman leaning over the body of a man in the disused bunker on St Helens Duver. Soon Andy finds himself embroiled in another murder case, this time complicated by the emotional turmoil he feels for the woman who everyone believes is the killer. I'll be reading an extract from Blood Upon The Sand shortly and posting it on my web site, but for now you can read a more detailed blurb by clicking on the above link. I'll let you know when it's going to be published.

Hope you enjoy the couple of photos. If you get the chance, the Isle of Wight is well worth a visit. It has some stunning scenery and is great walking country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.