Puddings, pink ladies and fishing nets

Well now I can say I’ve lunched at The InterContinental Hotel, Park Lane and a very nice lunch it was too. When my husband, Bob, gave the London taxi driver the hotel’s address, the cabbie asked if we’d won the lottery – obviously then we didn’t look the usual clientele of The InterContinental. I wasn’t sure whether to be flattered or offended. I, of course, pretended to be a World famous crime novelist, but it didn’t fool the cabbie. The problem with authors is that people only recognise the names J.K Rowling and Dan Brown.


Still, he said his wife reads crime novels, so I duly handed over one of my bookmarks, giving details of my marine mysteries and thrillers, and told him she might like to look me up in her local library, or dare I say it, buy one of my books.
The hotel staff were very polite and friendly, but then they should be for the amount is costs to stay there, not that I know the price, I didn’t bother checking – way out of my league.

The lunch was a pleasure and by that I mean both the food and the company. My thanks to Katherine of Business Consort for organising the event. We had fun, made some new friends and raised a nice sum of money for Breakthrough Breast Cancer. And it was great to meet so many women running highly successful businesses.




I’ve posted some photographs of me in action, the ladies at lunch, and - for Dawn, of the Ultimate Boot Camp (where ladies can tone up, get in shape, lose weight, find the Ultimate you and fall in love with the hunky marine physical training instructors- a photograph of her rather splendid dairy-free dessert – don’t ask me what it was but I think she took the topping home to use as a fishing net.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.