Walking, knitting and audio books

Below is a link to a very interesting and well written article on one person's experience of the pleasure of hiking and listening to audio books at the same time.  While this may be abhorrent to some, others might find it relaxing and enjoyable.

As an author whose books are also in audio book format,( the latest is The Suffocating Sea)  I find this most encouraging. I too am a walker, and a knitter (read the article), and I find that both help me work through my plots - especially when I am at a difficult stage in the crime novel. I can let my mind go into freefall at the same time as doing something productive ( knitting a jumper) and getting beneficial exercise, walking. Though I don't yet do all three at the same time, or should I say four - now that would be a feat!

http://www.themillions.com/2009/09/on-walking-and-reading-at-the-same-time.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.