CrimeFest to link with the Times

Avid crime fiction readers and crime writers in particular will welcome the news that The Times has linked with CrimeFest for 2010 to provide media coverage for this exciting convention. The Times will also be covering the Crime Writers Association (CWA) Dagger awards, which includes the CWA Dagger in the Library. 

I was long listed for the Dagger in the Library Award in 2008, a fact I discovered by accident from the Internet.  However, unbeknown to me, I was not meant to tell anyone, don't ask me why, but it's some kind of big secret until the shortlist is announced.  I got slapped knuckles for broadcasting my joy at being put forward by librarians in the UK, and I still detect an icy wind blowing in my direction from certain quarters of the CWA.  Still they didn't expel me so that's something I suppose.

Anyway to get back to CrimeFest.  For those of you who haven't heard of it it was first organised in June 2008 and has become one of the most popular dates in the crime fiction calendar. The annual convention draws top crime novelists, readers, editors, publishers and reviewers from around the world and gives delegates the opportunity to celebrate the genre in an informal atmosphere.

I am delighted to say that I will be at CrimeFest 2010 which takes place in Bristol between 20th - 23rd May 2010. I hope to see you there.

P.S. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the CWA Dagger Awards link up with The Times. It might be a secret too.  Oh well, too late now... just don't let on you heard it from me. OK? Blame the link below.

CrimeFest to link with the Times: "The Times is to become the media partner for..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.