Charity Literary Lunch In Aid Of Cancer

I am delighted to say that I will be the guest speaker at a charity luncheon being held on behalf of the Wessex Cancer Trust. The lunch is taking place on 17 November at The Concorde Club on the outskirts of Southampton, close to Southampton Airport.

The Wessex Cancer Trust supports many aspects of cancer care, including leading edge research, the improvement of patient facilities, purchase of much needed equipment, patient grants, complementary therapy and counselling services.  It has raised millions to help support and improve cancer services in the Wessex region, which includes the Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset.

It has also gained support of many well-known personalities, and Vice Presidents of the Trust include gardening expert, Alan Titchmarsh, news presenter, Sally Taylor and sporting personalities including Matthew Le Tissier, Lawrie McMenemy and David Duckham. So I'm in good company just as long as the audience don't ask me to kick a football or dig up a garden! Announcing the news though I could handle. But then they'd probably rather hear me talk about what I know and do - write crime novels.

Tickets are selling fast so if you do want to come along and support the charity, (and hear me speak, of course) then please contact Mary Kernick at marykernick@btinternet.com


I'll be talking about my crime and thriller novels and signing books. The Literary Lunch, as it is grandly titled, is 12.30pm for 1.00pm. Tickets cost £20.00. There is free parking, a cash bar and raffle. Hope to see some of you there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.