A day on the ocean wave

Well, what a day! The sea was calm, the sky was blue, the Captain was handsome, the crew were magnificent, and the customers kept coming, as we sailed back and forth the Solent on the Wightlink Ferry, St Clare, on 31 May.



I think this must be the first eight-hour marathon book-signing event on board a car ferry. My book signing session was the brainchild of The Hayling Island Book Shop, who organised it all and set up a mobile bookshop on board. I was promoting my latest marine mystery thriller, In For The Kill, which is set on the Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and the south.


It was a great day. I enjoyed meeting readers and also went on the bridge with the Captain.

Marie and Colin Telford of the Hayling Island Bookshop did a fantastic job, and as ever my husband, Bob, was there to help and support me.



Thanks go to them, to the Wightlink crew, especially to Kerry Jackson, Sue Hemmings, Sam Woodman and Captain Monk and Captain Meadway. And also to Chris Clode for his PR and helping to make this happen. Not to forget our intrepid photographer Peter Rocchiccioli.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.