Old crime novels, new crime novels, ideas and radio solent

Yesterday I started the day, at what seemed like the crack of dawn, being interviewed on Radio Solent by Chris Carnegie about my marine mystery crime novels. Chris was standing in for Julian Clegg.  It was at 6.50 a.m. so I'm not sure if anyone heard me! Perhaps the early morning commuters did and those getting ready for work. It's always nice to chat to Julian and Chris. 

This was followed by a fantastic walk along Sandown Bay to Shanklin and across Brading Marshes on the Isle of Wight after which I spent a delightful hour poring over old books in an antiquarian bookshop just off the green at St Helen's called Mother Goose.  I bought two books by one of my favourite crime writers, Josephine Tey. I already have three Josephine Tey novels in my collection: The Franchise Affair, The Singing Sands (featuring Inspector Grant) and Miss Pym Disposes all of which I have read several times with great pleasure.  Now I can add A Shilling For Candles, (Inspector Grant's first case) and The Man In The Queue. 

I'm looking forward to reading them in between working on my next Inspector Andy Horton novel, number seven in the series, which I also started last night.  It's early days yet but a couple of ideas are bubbling away nicely and I've started to put these down onto paper. Some of these ideas will end up being worked up into plots and sub plots while others will fall by the wayside.   It's always exciting beginning a new novel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.