Audience listen enthralled to crime author Pauline Rowson talking about her writing and her heroes

Over a hundred and thirty people listened enthralled as I spoke about how I write my crime novels set against the backdrop of the sea on the South Coast of England.

Ems Valley U3A, Pauline Rowson entertains audience with tales of crime writing

Members of Ems Valley U3A, based in the coastal Hampshire village of Emsworth, listened spellbound as I talked about my heroes, the flawed and rugged sailing detective DI Andy Horton. who features in twelve crime novels and my new hero, former Royal Marine Commando, Art Marvik  introduced in Silent Running published in 2015 who will be making his second appearance in Dangerous Cargo to be published in May 2016


Ems Valley U3A Pauline Rowson illustrating how she writes her crime novels

 I was delighted to entertained the audience with anecdotes about crime writing, where I get my ideas from, how I develop plot lines and create characters.

Ems Valley U3A Pauline Rowson explaining plotlines

The DI Andy Horton  crime novels have recently been option by top UK production company Lime Pictures, producers of Channel 4's Hollyoaks, who are seeking to bring the enigmatic sailing detective to the TV screens.

My crime novels have been hailed in the USA and the UK as 'Exemplary, 'Compelling,' 'Cleverly plotted,' and the 'Best in British Crime Fiction.' My talk  was followed by a lively Question and Answer session and a book signing.

Pauline Rowson talking about DI Andy Horton

The audience were fantastic and I  thoroughly enjoyed talking to them. It was lovely to meet so many DI Andy Horton  and Art Marvik fans.

Pauline Rowson signing copies of her crime novels

The latest in the DI Andy Horton  Fatal Catch,  is published in hardcover and as an ebook.

You can view all my speaking engagements on the events page on my website.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.