Bookham get a taste for murder with crime author Pauline Rowson

Members of Bookham U3A in Surrey got the taste for murder when I entertained them on Tuesday 5 July with tales of my crime busting heroes, the rugged and flawed DI Andy Horton and my new hero, Art Marvik, the troubled former Royal Marine Commando,  now working undercover for the UK's National Intelligence Marine Squad,(NIMS).

I was delighted to talk to over a hundred and twenty people explaining where I draw my inspiration from, how I develop characters and map out plot lines.


Pauline Rowson entertaining the audience at Bookham  June 2016

 My crime novels are set against the backdrop of the sea on the South Coast of England. The enigmatic sailing detective  DI Andy Horton. features in twelve crime novels with Fatal Catch the latest in the Portsmouth based series being published in 2015.  The next DI Andy Horton is due to be published early 2017.

My new hero, Art Marvik is introduced in Silent Running and is now on his second  mission for NIMS in Dangerous Cargo, which was published by Severn House on 31 May 2016.



Pauline Rowson talking about the inspiration behind her crime novels

 The University of the Third Age (U3A) through its network of U3As across the country, provides life-enhancing and life-changing opportunities for retired and semi-retired people who come together to learn, not for qualifications but for its own reward: the sheer joy of discovery. Members share their skills and life experiences. The U3A movement is supported by its national organisation, the Third Age Trust.


Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels - Bookham U3A

 The DI Andy Horton  crime novels have been option by top UK production company Lime Pictures, producers of Channel 4's Hollyoaks, who are seeking to bring the enigmatic sailing detective to the TV screens.

Following my talk there was a lively Question and Answer session and a book signing. The audience were great. I  thoroughly enjoyed talking to them.


Pauline Rowson signing her crime novels at Bookham U3A

 You can view all my speaking engagements on my events page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.