Gosport gets gruesome with gripping murder


Members of Gosport U3A (University of the Third Age) got the taste for murder when I entertained them on Thursday 27 April with tales of my crime busting heroes, the rugged and flawed detective, DI Andy Horton, and my tough but fallible, Art Marvik, former Royal Marine Commando, now working as an undercover investigator for the UK's National Intelligence Marine Squad,(NIMS) who feature in her popular crime novels.

Pauline Rowson talking to the audience at Gosport about her crime novels


Over a hundred people were there to listen to how I plan, plot and research my crime novels set against the backdrop of the sea on the South Coast of England.

Pauline Rowson showing how she creates her crime novels



I talked about how I create my characters including my new protagonist,  Art Marvik who is featured in two crime novels Silent Running and Dangerous Cargo, with the third, Lost Voyage, to be published in July 2017.



Pauline Rowson explaining about how she writes her crime novels


The University of the Third Age (U3A) has a network of U3As across the country, which provide life-enhancing and life-changing opportunities for retired and semi-retired people who come together to learn, not for qualifications but for its own reward: the sheer joy of discovery. Members share their skills and life experiences. The U3A movement is supported by its national organisation, the Third Age Trust.


I talked about how I draw the inspiration for my crime novels from locations along the South Coast of England; how I work up ideas for the novels, develop characters and devise and map out plot lines. My talk was followed by a lively Question and Answer session and a book signing. 

You can view all my speaking engagements on the events page on my website.




Dangerous Cargo by Pauline Rowson now published in paperback and as an ebook, on Amazon Kindle and Kobo



Lethal Waves, an Inspector Andy Horton crime novel by Pauline Rowson


Where to buy

Pauline Rowson's books USA

Pauline Rowson's books UK

From your local bookshop


Also available as an ebook and on Amazon Kindle, Kobo and for loan from UK, USA, Irish and Commonwealth libraries


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.