It's almost August and that means it's all quiet on the speaking front and lots of writing to do before the world resumes normal service in September

August is traditionally a quiet time in publishing because of the holidays. It's also usually quiet for authors in respect of fulfilling speaking engagements, although I suppose some authors could be running summer writing camps.  So while there is  comparative peace and quiet of a sorts, and no speaking engagements for me until September, it's a good time to crack on with the new Andy Horton crime novel, (number seven) which is exactly what I've been doing.  And I want to get some way into it before I have to break off to work on edits, copy-edits and proofs of Footsteps on the Shore ,the sixth in the Andy Horton series, which, I think, is being published in the New Year.  I'll let you know for certain, as soon as I hear.

This new novel then, as yet untitled, is progressing well. I have now written over 30,000 words of the first draft, but there is a long way to go yet.  Many readers want to know what happened to Andy Horton's mother, Jennifer, who disappeared when Andy was ten. She left their council flat in Portsmouth on a damp November day in the nineteen seventies and has never been seen or heard of again. Well, in this new crime novel, you might just find out.  Better get back to work then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.