Sorry guys I'm not at the Frankfurt Book Fair my agents and publishers are though and I'll be at LBF in 2011

The Frankfurt Book Fair opens today and it'll be the third year I won't be going, after having attended  many times in the past for the launch of  some of my marine mystery crime novels and thrillers, Tide of Death, Deadly Waters, In Cold Daylight and In For The Kill and with my marketing, sales and motivational books. I must admit that I miss the buzz of the large trade book fair, although not the rigours of the Frankfurt airport searches and the long delays.

The mood at the Fair this year is apparently buoyant according to trade sources. I hope this is true and not media speak, you never can tell. My publishers, Severn House, Crimson and Summersdale and my literary agents (there's a list of them on my official web site) are all there, wheeling and dealing for me - I hope. It's a shame I won't get to see them but I will be at the London Book Fair in April 2011 and will meet up there, volcanoes permitting.  This year was a complete wash out, or perhaps that should be ash out.

The park at Bad Nauheim

When I attend the Frankfurt Book Fair I usually stay in a place called Bad Nauheim which has the most beautiful park, it's only a short train journey into Frankfurt, made a little more difficult in 2007 because of the German rail strike.


Pauline Rowson before attending the Frankfurt Book Fair

Anyway here's hoping for a great Frankfurt Book Fair guys, maybe next year I'll get over there by train. See you in London in 2011, if not before...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.