Crime author Pauline Rowson entertains a packed audience at charity lunch

Over eighty people, including the Lord Mayor of Fareham and his wife, attended the charity lunch yesterday (31 October) in aid of the NSPCC where I was guest speaker.


Pauline Rowson, author, guest speaker at Charity Lunch in aid of the NSPCC

I talked about my marine mystery police procedural crime novels featuring the flawed and rugged Inspector Andy Horton and my crime thriller novels, set in the Solent area on the South Coast of England.


Pauline Rowson talking about her novels

The packed audience listened intently while I entertained them with tales of how I develop my ideas into plots and how I go about writing my crime and thriller novels. There are now five in the Inspector Andy Horton series, with the sixth being published in January 2011, and two stand alone thrillers, In Cold Daylight, which was shortlisted for the World Book Day Prize in 2008 and a fast paced, action-packed thriller, In for the Kill. There was a question and answer session, followed by lunch then a book signing with a queue stretching back to the door.

Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels

It was a thoroughly enjoyable event and the audience were fantastic. I’m delighted to have helped the NSPCC raise much needed funds for a very worthwhile cause.


Pauline Rowson giving a short reading from one of her crime novels

My next speaking engagement is Tuesday 2 November to small group on my home patch of Hayling Island.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.