Pauline Rowson entertains the audience with tales of her flawed and rugged British Detective, DI Andy Horton

A packed audience turned out to hear about Murder, Mystery and Mayhem at the Woolmer Forest U3A meeting on 16 September where I gave a talk about the inspiration behind my rugged and flawed detective, Andy Horton, who is featured in the growing series of DI Andy Horton crime novels. I explained how I research the crime novels, develop the plots and create the characters.



Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels to Woolmer Forest U3A

There are now ten in the Horton series. Death Surge was published by Severn House in the UK and Commonwealth this month (September 2013) and will be published in the USA on 1 January 2014.


The tenth in the DI Andy Horton series

The audience asked lots of questions at the end of my fifty minute talk, in fact so many that we had to cut it short otherwise they would have had no time for tea and cake!


Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels

I was also delighted to sign many copies of my crime novels.


Pauline Rowson chatting to the audience and signing copies of her crime novels

U3As are self-help, self-managed lifelong learning co-operatives for older people no longer in full time work, providing opportunities for their members to share learning experiences in a wide range of interest groups and to pursue learning not for qualifications, but for fun.

U3As are always a lovely audience and I'm honoured to have given so many talks to members of this great organisation. I have many more talks lined up for 2014.


Pauline Rowson talking to the audience at Woolmer Forest U3A

To see all my events for 2013 and 2014 visit the Events Page.

If you would like me to speak to your organisation, company or library please contact me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.